As I was strolling through Union Square, I spotted this little NYC gem poking its head from the top of trees and buildings. Peek-a-boo!Since I moved to the tri-state area, I have been to the Empire State Building three times. Needless to say, I am a bit over it. You can't even see Central Park from its top!
Now, I don't mean to take anything away from the amazing ESB, but you can only wait in that long line so many times before it gets a tad old.
So now, when my friends and family come to visit, I encourage them to the Top of the Rock. 30 Rock, that is. Same view, but you can see the park, I hear. Nice!
Still... ESB is quite the attraction, isn't it? Standing at 1,454 feet (that's including the lightning rod), and with 1,860 steps from the ground to the 102nd floor... it easily tops all other skyscrapers.
For fun, here are some other little ESB Factoids from http://history1900s.about.com/od/1930s/a/empirefacts.htm:
There are 6,500 windows
It took 57,000 tons of steel to construct its skeleton
There is approximately 17-million feet of telephone wire servicing the building
On record, 5 people died during its construction
And my Canon PowerShot has now seen the spectacle for itself. I feel like a proud Momma!
No comments:
Post a Comment