Hi!

My name is Heather and I recently bought a new Canon PowerShot.

Is it wrong for me to admit my love for this camera so soon in the relationship? Perhaps its the 14.1 hard-working megapixels that have me swooning? Or, its amazing color absorption that has my heart going pitter-patter? Or maybe, just maybe, it's the sleek, stylish design that has me carrying it around the city of Manhattan all day long? Then again, maybe all my heart needed was a little camera that came in orange?

Sigh.

Whatever it is, I love this camera. And I love the images it snaps as I wander around NYC and beyond. I hope you enjoy them, too.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Macy Gray... Tardied, But Talented

We haven't heard a hit from Macy Gray in about nine years. So imagine my surprise when she arrived an hour late to her performance today. Sigh. And yes, I was supposed to introduce her onto the stage.

So, I waited... and waited... and waited some more.

Truthfully, I felt sorry for her band, who went on stage at the appropriate time, only to find out she wasn't anywhere on the premises. So, like the amazing professionals that they were, they held a jam session for an hour, until their lead songstress could arrive. Truly, they were amazing! I could have listened to them all day...

But you know what they say: "Good things come to those who wait." And let me tell you... When Macy Gray finally did arrive, she sounded FABULOUS!! Her new album The Sellout just came out on Tuesday, so she performed some songs from it, and she absolutely blew everyone away. Worth the wait, totally.

And I'm glad I had my little orange Canon PowerShot on-hand to capture one of the most beautiful images of the afternoon. Of course, I did boost the color a smidge, only b/c the backlighting was so atrocious. But I think the picture turned out rather lovely. Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment