Charles and I spent a fabulous weekend in Mystic County, Connecticut over the 4th of July Weekend. But instead of surrounding ourselves with fireworks and beer, we decided to drive the back roads of the many towns, and take pictures. A photographic holiday, of sorts.
Along the route, I found this wild shot of corn that is outgrowing even the barn! We were driving by and I practically skid off the road when I spotted it. A picture was a must! So I grabbed my little orange Canon PowerShot and snapped this amazing photo.
Most people visit Mystic for the Seaport, a winery, a casino, or to have a slice of pizza. But not me! Okay, maybe the casino. But, I would prefer to snap photos of the everyday life. Thus, the cornfield.
Besides, imagine my surprise when I learned the movie, Mystic Pizza, wasn't even filmed there! It was inspired by the Mystic Pizza shop, but it was actually filmed somewhere further up New England. Nice. And imagine my even further surprise when the locals actually pointed me to a totally different pizza shop across the street - Pizzetta. Seriously, it was the best pizza I've ever eaten. Apparently the locals think so, too.
I wonder what they would think of my little orange Canon PowerShot? Who cares. I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment