Hi!

My name is Heather and I recently bought a new Canon PowerShot.

Is it wrong for me to admit my love for this camera so soon in the relationship? Perhaps its the 14.1 hard-working megapixels that have me swooning? Or, its amazing color absorption that has my heart going pitter-patter? Or maybe, just maybe, it's the sleek, stylish design that has me carrying it around the city of Manhattan all day long? Then again, maybe all my heart needed was a little camera that came in orange?

Sigh.

Whatever it is, I love this camera. And I love the images it snaps as I wander around NYC and beyond. I hope you enjoy them, too.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Most Favorite Building - The Chrysler Building

For obvious reason, my favorite building in NYC is the Chrysler Building. It's shiny, pointy, and just overall pretty. And every time I pass it, I think of that line from Annie, when Miss Hannigan yells, "And I want them to shine like the top of the Chrysler Building!" Or, something like that.

Of course, back in the 80's, I had no idea what the Chrysler Building was, but now that I do, I can't get that blasted movie line out of my head! Lol. Regardless, it really is an amazing specimen, so I had to snap a shot of it with my little orange Canon PowerShot. And what an amazing photo, right? I was actually snapping the rooftop when this flag positioned itself perfectly in the frame. Of course, I had to snap it immediately!

But notice the clarity of this photo. I had to zoom in really close to get it, but my Canon didn't fail me. It grabbed the image with intense clarity and stillness. I've owned other cameras that have fallen to this very same challenge. But not my Canon PowerShot!

I also grabbed some other pretty great photos of the Chrysler Building yesterday, so maybe I'll share those with you, as well.

Well, I have another talk break coming up, one where I talk over the intro to Kris Allen's Live Like We're Dying, so I better get focused on that.

Enjoy the photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment